Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Home Sweet Home

As many of you already know Kevin, Michael and I moved into a new house in April. It was a long and stressful process buying this house, but we are finally settling down as a family. When we were house hunting we found this house by accident and we gave the nickname of "CLOWN HOUSE" The previous owners had way too much fun with colors throughout the house. As you can see some of the rooms were very interesting.

Of course when we moved in we had to paint Michael's room right away because his room was bright pink. I also painted the guest room because it had clouds and airplanes on the walls and ceilings. After that I waited till summer brake to tackle the rest of the house. I painted the clown room (yes no more yellow and orange stripes) a brown with white curtains. We are still looking for the right furiture.

Then I painted the upstairs hallway, which was a faux finish, I just painted it a cream color. Next I painted our master bedroom a shade of blue with brown curtains. I really like blue and brown together.
Finally, I moved on to the hardest room of all, the family room.

This was the before picture looking over the railing from the second floor hallway. You can imagine how high the walls are. I think that they are about 15 feet high!!!!. I had to climb up and down a very high ladder to get to the top.

Let me tell you how much fun that was.

By the time this room was done, I needed a brake from painting for a little.


I still have the entry way, kitchen, and the dining room left. I am hoping to get them down before the end of the summer, but we will see. I do admit that it is fun picking out different colors and changing rooms around.

1 comment:

Monica Hudson said...

WOW!!! I LOVE the color choices! It looks AMAZING!! Nice job! Thanks for the update - I've been wondering about it all and I was NOT going to wait until January! Hee hee! PS - uh, you may want to go in and edit this post and delete all the space at the bottom...I almost couldn't find your comment button! (the space happens a lot when you have to rearrange pics and text within a post - just so you know for future posts). Love you!!